What is Dolphin Bay?
Dolphin Bay is a leading supplier of wood preservative chemicals, providing these products for the treatment of sawn timber, transmissions poles and poles used in construction, telecommunications, and agriculture. We supply products across South Africa and to a growing number of other African countries.
Our motto is “Founded on Integrity”, and we believe that our ethical approach to doing business and commitment to customer service are the cornerstones of Dolphin Bay’s growth.
Dolphin Bay does not believe in selling wood preservatives alone; we also offer our clients outstanding service and a long-term, transparent relationship.
Which products are available?
Dolphin Bay produces the following products:
- Permacure CCA, the world’s most widely used wood preservative
- Permacure ACQ, a new-generation wood preservative which can be used for wood that is highly exposed to the outside environment
- Permabore Boron, an environmentally friendly, colourless wood preservative, for interior applications
- Permanol P-TBTN, a solvent-based wood preservative which retains the timber’s original colour, and
- Waterguard Wax, an emulsion which gives timber water-repellent qualities. It can be added to Permacure CCA, Permanol P-TBTN and Permacure ACQ
What other services do we offer?
Dolphin Bay’s unique selling point is that we are constantly innovating for outstanding service. We offer our clients substantial guarantees on our wood treatments as well as a host of extra services, many of them at no extra charge to our clients.
Our services are tailor-made for each client, based on their priorities, to maximise their wood treatment procedures and boost their businesses. These extra services we offer include plant optimisation, operator training, health and safety audits and contaminated waste removal, to name a few.
We also offer engineering services, which include commissioning and installing new timber treatment plants, or transforming existing plants to suit the changing needs of your business.
Where are we located?
Dolphin Bay’s head office and one of our two factories are in Mossel Bay, in the beautiful Garden Route area of the Western Cape province. This location is close to the Tsitsikamma rainforests, the local timber industry and the industrial zone that has grown up around the PetroSA oil-to-gas refinery. Our Mossel Bay factory serves the Western Cape and Eastern Cape provinces.
The Sabie factory is located in the heart of South Africa’s timber belt, serving the large number of timber treatment companies in the area. This factory also supplies wood treatment chemicals to the northern provinces of South Africa and to a growing number of other African countries.
Where do we deliver?
- We deliver our products across South Africa and southern Africa, and to a growing number of other countries in Africa and abroad. Deliveries depend upon the quantity of product bought.
- For full truckloads or container loads, deliveries are usually made to the port or directly to the customer, on a DDU (delivered duty unpaid) basis.
- Partial shipments can also be arranged for smaller customers on a case-by-case, break bulk basis.
- For export customers, we offer DDU (delivery duty unpaid) deliveries, on a CIF (container insurance and freight) basis, and FOB (free on-board) shipments.
- Contact us to find out more.
Why is wood preservation important?
Unless it is treated, most of the wood harvested from commercial plantations is subject to attack by insects and the decay caused by fungi and insects. This decay and attack is greatest in wood that is exposed to the environment. It is exacerbated by high moisture levels, heat and humidity.
Correctly applied, the appropriate treatment ensures that the wood is preserved in the long term - up to 30 to 50 years, in accordance with our guarantees.
What makes our company special?
Dolphin Bay is a client-focused company. We approach our clients not only to do immediate business with them, but also to build long-term relationships. We are innovative, constantly looking for improvements, and offer you products that can optimise your operations. This has the potential to increase your revenue and profits.
We offer guarantees of up to 50 years on wood treated with our products and bearing our “Safewood” logo. We stand out from the crowd in the wide array of services we offer.
Our motto, “Founded on Integrity”, encapsulates our ethical approach to business.
What do our clients say about us?
“The attributes that we require from any supplier are quality, speed, service and cost, and the reason Dolphin Bay continues to be a key supplier is because they continue to meet these exacting standards. We are very pleased with Dolphin Bay in terms of the support they supply at all times. If we have a need they do their best to address it.”
AC Whitcher CEO Shaun Westcott
“Our business relationship with Dolphin Bay had been very beneficial over the years. They’ve got a unique way of doing business which is helping us to expand and this, in turn, helps Dolphin Bay. It is a mutually beneficial relationship.”
Low's Creek financial manageer Anton Klackers
“Dolphin Bay were extremely professional in all their workings and it was a pleasure dealing with them."
Guy Haverman, Forestry Manager for First Quantam Minerals
For more testimonials, visit our Testimonials page